Hakuouki SSL: Daily Story 4 (Kazama Chikage)

 Ch. 4 Daily Story: Kazama

Brought to you by the translator yuugs, and the proofreaders yuugs, kuririn and dei-hime!


―A story about one day just before Christmas.


Chikage Kazama: [on the phone] "―Can you hear me? It's me. How are the preparations for the plan we discussed earlier? ...Listen, little time remains before Christmas. Hurry this along as fast as humanly possible. Don't forget to charter the helicopter, either."

[hangs up the phone]

Chikage Kazama: "Alright. No problems should arise if I entrust the rest of the work to Amagiri. All that remains now is to wait for Christmas Day. I can already imagine the look of delight on my wife's face."

???: "Oops, 'scuse me."

Chikage Kazama: "Hm? You're..."

Shinpachi Nagakura: "Oh! Kazama, huh? Weird to bump into you in a place like this."

Chikage Kazama: "Nagakura. Meeting a teacher outside of school is ruining my long-awaited holiday."

Shinpachi Nagakura: "H-Hey, you know… I'm already used to that attitude of yours, but you should show your teachers a little more respect."

Chikage Kazama: "If you want to be respected, act in a manner that deserves such a thing. How laughable for you to speak of respect when you always attend class in a tracksuit."

Shinpachi Nagakura: "Like you got any right to talk about my choice of clothing! Haah...damn. Well, whatever. I have some shopping to do, I don't got the time to stand around chatting with you."

Chikage Kazama: "You're shopping? Don't tell me, you're purchasing a present for the upcoming party?"

Shinpachi Nagakura: "Oh, you interested!? Yeah, that's right! I put a lot of effort into choosi―"

Chikage Kazama: "I have no interest in gifts selected by peasants."

Shinpachi Nagakura: "Whaー!?"

Chikage Kazama: "I only care about presents chosen by my wife."

Shinpachi Nagakura: "......"

Chikage Kazama: "By now, she must be completely absorbed in choosing the appropriate present for me. Just wait, my betrothed! I will gift you with the best Christmas of your life, in a way that only I can!"

Shinpachi Nagakura: "This yearーor maybe this time aroundーhe’s sure got himself all fired up. Still, I wonder how many years it's been since he started hunting for a wife..."